In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Cambridge University Swimming and Water Polo Club (CUSWPC) shall ensure that all personal information relating to living individuals, whether in paper or electronic form, are:
- Processed fairly and lawfully and only if certain conditions are met;
- Obtained for specified and lawful purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Accurate and where necessary kept up-to-date;
- Not kept for longer than necessary;
- Processed in accordance with an individual’s rights;
- Kept in a secure manner;
- Not transferred outside of the EEA without adequate protection
CUSWPC is responsible for the protection of any data that it holds.
When personal information is collected, CUSWPC must declare clearly who is collecting the information, the purposes for which it is being collected, and to whom the data will be disclosed. Without the written permission of Club members, CUSWPC shall not pass on the names or contact details of their members to any outside organisation. CUSWPC is aware of the restrictions the Act places on direct marketing (for example in fundraising activities).
Information obtained for the purpose of maintaining an In Case of Emergency database shall comply with the Data Protection Act by being used for no other purpose and stored securely, and access to it shall be controlled.